TeamMTL is committed to a broad and expansive communications strategy in order to maximize not only the Canadian and Chinese opportunities but those of an international nature for the promotion of the Deep- Performance Dwelling, its sponsors, our respective institutions, and project champions. Company logos will be displayed on the TeamMTL Solar Decathlon website, through social media channels, TV and radio media, flyers and other collateral documents, apparel, electric vehicle, and the construction sites. Sponsorship will be credited in related academic and conference dissemination. TeamMTL events will allow for unique private and public sector networking
From the most efficient solar panels to interactive user experiences, and innovative design systems and construction techniques, there is a place for your expertise within our team. With your support and knowledge sharing, not only will you help us propel the project towards the intended innovative design and construction, but you will contribute to an exciting competition that gathers a wide variety of new technologies for the future of housing.
Our team brings together four primary centers and labs based in Montreal. Combined, they form a network comprising state of the art equipment and resources. Those include a solar testing lab, envelop performance lab, modelling and simulation facilities, media lab, prototyping assemblies, and more. By supporting our project, you would be able to get priority access to research outcomes.
By setting our goal to provide both affordable and robust housing in urban centers in a flexible and adaptable way, we aim to provide a solution for a widespread and pressing challenge in cities.
With Montreal and Beijing both witnessing a renaissance in traditional urban housing typologies, our prototype home will serve a growing need in urban neighborhoods around the world, as access to affordable housing increasingly becomes a critical issue in global sustainability.
Using modular and prefabrication methods will allow us to reduce waste, achieve higher quality control, shorten construction time, entail a safer work environment, and reduce the overall cost significantly compared to on-site methods.
Total visitors on site
Total media audiences
Visitors in Versailles, 2014
Media on site
Visitors in China, 2013
As the project touches on extremely varied fields of expertise from design to material choices and construction to overseas shipping, here are some key needs we would love to gather help or support for:
ALL “sustainer” Benefits plus the following :
• Product/Company QR code in DPD at competition site in China
• Recognition on construction site during competition assembly
• Advertising in the newsletter
• Logo/Name on apparel
• Invitation to selected design reviews and networking events
• Logo placement in Solar Decathlon honor rolls and website
• Invitation to media, groundbreaking and send-off events
• Honor roll plaque in DPD
• Electronic newsletter project updates
• Choice of apparel
ALL “Builder” Benefits plus the following :
ALL “team member” Benefits plus the following :
• First and full access to all research results including market analysis, performance test and simulation results, construction and design drawings.
• Primary exposure on Montreal construction site during 375th/150th celebrations
• Primary exposure on Dezhou construction site during competition and exhibition to showcase products and company (expected 3 million visitors over 3-month period)
• Primary logo placement on Team Montreal website